Saturday 14 November 2015

The Attacks in Paris

Now I don't think I need to go into too much detail regarding what happened in Paris yesterday. Unless you're living in your furnace, you are probably aware that a multiple location terrorist attack by ISIS took place. Their message was loud and clear. 

In the past when I heard of such atrocities, past and present, it always gave me feelings of fear, anger, and sadness. It is unfortunate that now I know what it feels like to live life normally, and suddenly have some wack job kill someone you love in a horrifying massacre. It's different now, and while you can never compare your situation to anyone else's, it's easy for things to turn into triggers. 

Honestly my thoughts are going out to everyone in France, and Lebanon too. It absolutely breaks my heart that there are religious extremists causing death and destruction everywhere they go. Is this just how realistic humanity is always going to be? When do we throw our hands up and say enough, and how do we do that without killing more people?

No comments:

Post a Comment